What do I do if the court won't accept my motion?

Woodbury, NJ |
Filed under: Child support

CP on TANF and NCP owed $880 prior to that. Tried to file motion today in Gloucester County to enforce litigants rights for this amount and the court staff refused me - crossed it off paaperwork. How should I proceed?

There are many possibilities. Too many to name hear. For example

Improper form
Untimely
No leave
Rule noncompliance
Etc

Hire counsel to get a fix.

We'd need more facts and to see the paperwork to determine why they refused the papers. I think the way to proceed is to hire a lawyer.

You have to read the court rules on exactly what format you must present your motion. Down to a page limit, the layout of the page, margin sizes, timeliness, content. There is a reason lawyers go to law school and get paid for what they do.

This should not be considered legal advice and is intended for educational purposes only. It does not constitute a contract for legal services between any parties. Answers are given to questions for which there may be additional facts not mentioned which might change the legal issues or consequences.

They just said that because there is a TANF case Probation and/or social services has to handle it although Probation told me it was fine for me to request what was due to my daughter previously.

Probation actually said if I waited for them it would take at least three more months. The court just would not accept it - nothing to do with the form.

Child support topics