What do I do if the court won't accept my motion?

Asked about 2 months ago - Woodbury, NJ

CP on TANF and NCP owed $880 prior to that. Tried to file motion today in Gloucester County to enforce litigants rights for this amount and the court staff refused me - crossed it off paaperwork. How should I proceed?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. William J Popovich

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have to read the court rules on exactly what format you must present your motion. Down to a page limit, the layout of the page, margin sizes, timeliness, content. There is a reason lawyers go to law school and get paid for what they do.

    This should not be considered legal advice and is intended for educational purposes only. It does not constitute a... more
  2. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are many possibilities. Too many to name hear. For example

    Improper form
    No leave
    Rule noncompliance

    Hire counsel to get a fix.

  3. Michael K. Powell

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . We'd need more facts and to see the paperwork to determine why they refused the papers. I think the way to proceed is to hire a lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,531 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,531 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering