What do I do if my spouse has control of most of the information regarding our finances?

Asked about 3 years ago - Iowa City, IA

My wife does nearly all of our bookkeeping, and she's not being easy to deal with when I try to get answer to out finances. Is there anything I can do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The court can compel a party to a divorce to disclose all relevant information related to the divorce, if it is not being done voluntarily. This usually happens during the discovery portion of a divorce. You need to see a local family law attorney to start the process.

    Good Luck.

    This is general information only and is NOT legal advice, NOR has an attorney-client relationship been initiated.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,471 answers this week

3,728 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,471 answers this week

3,728 attorneys answering