What do I do if landlord is overcharging for utilities?

Asked about 4 years ago - Talladega, AL

We do have a toilet leak that he has not fixed. he said the bill was $220 dollars. and that I'm responsible for anything over $100 which is fine but we live in a trailer and theres no way we used over 1000 gallons of water. what are the laws about this?

1. James S. Tupitza

Answered . Ask him to show you the bill. If he doesn't have a bill, he doesn't have a claim. If he attempts to overcharge you and there is no bill to support it, isn't that an attempted theft?

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.