WHAT DO I DO IF IM CHARGED WITH DOMESTIC VIOLENCE BASED ON FALSE ALLEGATIONS AND LIES?

Eugene, OR |

SHE ADMITTED SHE LIED TO OBTAIN FULL CUSTODY OF OUR SON, WHICH NO PATERNITY WAS ESTABLISHED AND SHE NOW SAYS HE IS NOT MINE. SHE SLANDERS ME CONSTANTLY AND TELLS PEOPLE IN ABUSED MY SON. THIS TORE OUT MY HEART AS I STAYED HOME AND TOOK CARE OF HIM THE FIRST YEAR OF HIS LIFE SO SHE COULD FURTHER HER EDUCATION. SHE CHEATED ON ME AND WHEN I MOVED OUT SHE FILED A FALSE RESTRAINING ORDER ON ME{MY WITNESSES NEVER GOT TO BE HEARD) EUGENE OREGON IS A WOMENS TOWN AND MEN IT SEEMS HAVE NO RIGHTS. AFTER I WAS RELEASED FROM JAIL I WENT TO VICTIM SERVICES FOR HELP AND TO FILE A RESTRAINING ORDER ON HER CAUSE SHE HAD PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED ME WITH A HANGER HITTING ME IN THE FACE IN FRONT OF MY MOM. NOW I'M PEGGED AS A WOMAN BEATER..WHICH I AM NOT BY ANY MEANS. MY MOM DID NOT RAISE ME THAT WAY. I NEED HELP

You're going to want to hire a criminal defense attorney with experience in domestic violence assault cases, and especially with experience showing that the alleged "victim" is a liar. I have recently handled several cases just like this. You can call me for a free consultation.

In the mean time, you may find it helpful to review a brief article I wrote on assault cases in Oregon: http://www.portlandcriminalattorneyor.com/violent/assault/

Portland Defender
1001 Southwest 5th Avenue #1100
Portland, OR 97204
(503) 592-0606

You need to contact an attorney experienced in dealing with family law issues in the Eugene area. You will be able to find one by contacting the Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 503-684-3763 or toll-free in Oregon at 800-452-7636.

First, turn off your caps lock. Thank you.

You need to consult with an attorney, in private. You must remember that not everyone is going to take for granted that the accusations against you are false. You will have to prepare evidence to demonstrate your claims, and an attorney can help you with that. They can also help you practice how to speak in court. Talking about how the place is a "WOMENS TOWN" will not get you very far.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

To answer your specific question of "What do I do?" You go to trial and fight your case. You go to trial with an attorney who knows how to show all those lies at trial.

In the meantime, you should probably stop posting about your case and start talking to attorneys in a confidential setting.

Unfortunately, there is no pre-trial hearing at which you can assert a defense of "she is a liar and the case should be dismissed." Get a lawyer and prepare for trial.

Please note that the matter discussed above is not intended to constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Questioners who post questions are advised to not discuss their matter in public on the internet and that doing so may waive attorney-client confidentiality that they would otherwise have. The foregoing is posted as a public service in order to educate the public about how laws work and function.