What do I do if I was being paid under minimum wage?

Orlando, FL |

I was just recently working for somebody who only wanted to pay me 7.25 to 7.50 an hour. when I asked her to pay me at least minimum wage well I had to find another job. what can or should I do about this situation??

They had also asked me to sign a w9 form and I'm not to sure but I believe I would be required to have a business or a license to clean??

1. As of January 1, 2013, the minimum wage in Florida is 7.79 per hour. Therefore, you have a choice of remedies. You could either sue your employer in small claims court or file a claim with the Department of Labor.

2. [1000th ANSWER!] If you think that there is a problem with this employer then report them to
    you state's Labor Department ---Wages Division. They'll look into it. Good luck!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

3. If you we're fired because you asked to be paid the minimum, you have a lawsuit.