What do I do if I was being paid under minimum wage?

Orlando, FL |

I was just recently working for somebody who only wanted to pay me 7.25 to 7.50 an hour. when I asked her to pay me at least minimum wage well I had to find another job. what can or should I do about this situation??

They had also asked me to sign a w9 form and I'm not to sure but I believe I would be required to have a business or a license to clean??

As of January 1, 2013, the minimum wage in Florida is 7.79 per hour. Therefore, you have a choice of remedies. You could either sue your employer in small claims court or file a claim with the Department of Labor.

what would be the difference?? and thank you very much for your reply =)

what would be the difference?? They had also asked me to sign a w9 and I'm not to sure but I know I am not a business owner nor do I have a license to clean?? and thank you very much for your reply =))

[1000th ANSWER!] If you think that there is a problem with this employer then report them to
you state's Labor Department ---Wages Division. They'll look into it. Good luck!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

If you we're fired because you asked to be paid the minimum, you have a lawsuit.

I wasn't fired just was told they couldn't pay me more. Then called me back later that evening and said they wouldn't need me that next day. I was mainly trying to find out what I could do about the fact they were only paying me 7.25 an hr for full time 30+ hrs a week.

Steven Greg Wenzel

Steven Greg Wenzel

If what you seek is several days pay difference small claims court is your answer. But, if you asked about your rate of pay and they told you they didn't need you,you have been fired for asking and have a retaliation claim.