What do I do if I was being paid under minimum wage?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

I was just recently working for somebody who only wanted to pay me 7.25 to 7.50 an hour. when I asked her to pay me at least minimum wage well I had to find another job. what can or should I do about this situation??

They had also asked me to sign a w9 form and I'm not to sure but I believe I would be required to have a business or a license to clean??

1. 1

3

Answered . As of January 1, 2013, the minimum wage in Florida is 7.79 per hour. Therefore, you have a choice of remedies. You could either sue your employer in small claims court or file a claim with the Department of Labor.

2. Answered . If you we're fired because you asked to be paid the minimum, you have a lawsuit.

3. Answered . [1000th ANSWER!] If you think that there is a problem with this employer then report them to
    you state's Labor Department ---Wages Division. They'll look into it. Good luck!