What do I do if I forgot to turn in my I-94 upon leaving the US 12 years ago and now want to apply for a non immigrant Visa?

I left the US almost 12 years ago and forgot to turn in my I-94. I now want to apply for a non immigrant B2 Visa and need advice on what to do and if it will affect me in the issuing of a new visa. - Do I need to do anything or notify any Immigration entity prior to soliciting a new visa 12 years later? Will the consulate have any record of my departure? - Note: I have proof of my flight 12 years ago - Old ticket

Franklin, TN -

Find Out More

Lalita Haran

Lalita Haran

Immigration Attorney - Carmel, IN

It can be resolved. Please talk to an immigration attorney experienced in this issue.
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You prove that you left the US timely.

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - Newark, CA

Hopefully you also have an entry stamp in your passport of the country you entered after your U.S. departure you support your claim.