What do I do if I committed a hit and run in Kansas?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Manhattan, KS

I was going to school, and hit a car while trying to park in a parking lot. The car had a lot of dents already, but I made a small dent. I left my parking space and went and parked in a different one and didn't leave a note. When I got back to my car, there was a note on it that said, "Seriously??? A hit and run??? You can't just plow into someone's car and then drive away. What if that happened to you? Bet you'd be pretty pissed. Yeah, totally watched the whole thing along with like 5 others..." I don't know what to do, or if I should turn myself in, or what.

1. Nathanael Prada

4

Answered . Please consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area. This is a serious matter and you need your interests protected by counsel.

Pro

3

Answered . If you receive a citation for a hit and run, retain a local criminal lawyer to fight it.

3. Blake Alan Robinson

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should contact counsel, especially if you receive a citation or letter regarding the incident.

4. Michael Shemtoub

1

Answered . You should contact your insurance carrier immediately.