What do i do if i cant provide a juvenile probation department with information they ask for when they want me to go to court?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rosharon, TX

my son has to go to court and they asked for medicaid or medical insurance information but we don't have any since we live in a house, what will happen if we don't provide them with a medical insurance will i get fined? the reason he has to go to court is that he stole an Iphone and the parents of the other party pressed charges.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Vicki Elaine Wiley

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Just answer any questions honestly. Many people don't have medical insurance ( although I am confused as to what living in a house has to do with that), it's possible that the probation officer can help get your son set up for Medicaid if there are medical issues that need attention.
    The main thing is to be honest & not secretive in responding to the Court and its officers.
    Iif the Court has appointed an attorney for our son, that attorney can answer your questions about the court in your area.

    This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person... more
  2. Christopher Garrett Morales

    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . Provide answers the best you can. Try to explain to them that you do not have the information or it is unavailable. Honesty is your best bet. They cannot hold it against you when you do not have the information in the first place.

  3. Cesar Garcia

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Be as honest as possible when answering the Probation officer's questions. Honesty is the best policy.

    This answer is meant for information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship has been established between... more

Related Topics

Juvenile court

Juvenile court handles criminal cases for people under 18, except those who are charged as adults. Juvenile court may prioritize rehabilitation over punishment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,709 answers this week

3,412 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,709 answers this week

3,412 attorneys answering