What do I do if I believe my child needs special education and the school says no?

My child is in 6th grade and is autitic and ADHD combined. He's 'main streamed' and struggling. He has 1 friend. The teachers say he has no issues, but comes home and has meltdown regularly. He started biting.

York, PA -

Attorney Answers (1)

Justin C. Gearty Jr.

Justin C. Gearty Jr.

Child Custody Lawyer - Lancaster, PA

You should consult with an attorney. There are some options if you disagree with a school's decision on whether or not to place a child in special education. It's hard to say what would be best here without knowing all the facts.

Justin C. Gearty Jr.

DISCLAIMER: This post is for educational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Gearty Law is a general practice law firm located in central PA. Gearty Law accepts cases in York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Reading, and other areas throughout PA. Gearty Law accepts cases in the following areas: divorce, child custody, education law, criminall, dui, and more. Attorney Gearty offers free consultations.

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.