What do I do if I believe my child needs special education and the school says no?

York, PA |
Filed under: Education law

My child is in 6th grade and is autitic and ADHD combined. He's 'main streamed' and struggling. He has 1 friend. The teachers say he has no issues, but comes home and has meltdown regularly. He started biting.

You should consult with an attorney. There are some options if you disagree with a school's decision on whether or not to place a child in special education. It's hard to say what would be best here without knowing all the facts.

Justin C. Gearty Jr.

DISCLAIMER: This post is for educational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Gearty Law is a general practice law firm located in central PA. Gearty Law accepts cases in York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Reading, and other areas throughout PA. Gearty Law accepts cases in the following areas: divorce, child custody, education law, criminall, dui, and more. Attorney Gearty offers free consultations.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law