What do I do If I am in a lot of pain from a work related injury, yet I was sent back to my normal job anyways?

Asked 5 months ago - San Mateo, CA

I have been working as a teller for wells Fargo for almost 2 years, I have been having pains in my neck and back for a while but thought I was sleeping wrong. Finally the the pain got so bad I went to the ER. The ER dr. said that it was work related. So I told my work and they sent me to their dr who said I have a sprained neck and back spasms and gave me restrictions. The restrictions say that I cant push pull or lift more than 10lbs. Then they sent me back to work. My company put me right back at my job because the restrictions do not apply to my job... But my job is what made me hurt in the first place. Its so painful to be there I don't know what to do any more. no one in my company will help me resolve this issue. I don't know who to talk to. I cant go to work, Yet they say I can.

1. Robert Bruce Kopelson

4

Answered . Get a free consult with a workers comp atty asap.

2. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

3

Answered . Get a work comp atty immediately and report to your employer that you are having pain performing your job. they should have you return to the doctor for further evaluation. However, if you are treating under the insurance company doctor you may want to consider changing to a different doctor on your company's Medical Provider Network (MPN). An attorney will help you select the appropriate doctor.

3. Morrie Pour Nourian

4

Answered . Consult and hire a workers compensation attorney to help you.

4. Lisa Michelle Harris

Pro

4

Answered . Your best bet is to contact a local workers compensation attorney for a consultation. They can help you navigate the workers compensation system in a way that help you get the help you need and makes sure your employer doesn't neglect your medical needs. Best of luck.

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . This is why someone created workers' compensation attorneys, to help you through this often infuriating process.

6. Josh P Tolin

4

Answered . You need to consult with a workers compensation attorney who can answer all of your questions. I would have your attorney file a claim, and discuss your concerns with him/her.

7. Richard P. Console

Pro

3

Answered . I would get an evaluation by your primary doctor who knows your medical history and can accurately assess you. If you feel unable to work due to this pain, you should consult a California personal injury attorney who can help you better navigate the situation in accordance with the state's laws.