What do i do if i am being sued by a credit card company in texas. The bill is for 2,360. Can I reply in writting

Houston, TX |

The attorney representing GE is in Irving Texas, I am in HOuston, I want to settle the debt, but dont like to talk to smart alick bill collector or attorney's, do I handle this, if so how or do I need an attorney

Do you owe? If so why not pay? Do you not owe? If not why not fight the bill? Having a lawyer to advocate for you and fight the other side will likely save you money. Going it on your own will likely cost you more in the long run.

And remember, paying for what you charge on a credit card is an expected part of the deal.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

These comments are made for educational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship exists between us.

You must reply in writing to the court and to the GE attorney within 10 days of being served. The response to the GE attorney must be sent by certified mail. Just state that you generally deny all claims made by GE. You may also have strong procedural defenses to this claim and should get an attorney experienced in credit card debt issues. Please call me for a free consultation.