What do I do if a detective is trying to contact me about my lost ipod touch?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

The detective contacted my mother saying that they wanted to talk to me concerning that they didn't just find my ipod. And that my mother could come down with me to question me.

1. Stephen Clark Harkess

Pro

10

1

Answered . Your question is unclear. If you made a police report regarding a lost or stolen item and the police contacted you to tell you that they recovered it, then you should be able to go down and retrieve your property. If you believe there is any chance that the detective believes that you might have comitted a crime, then you need to refuse to be interviewed and immediately hire a criminal defense attorney.

2. John Lawrence Buckley

9

1

Answered . I'm reading between the lines and I believe you are concerned that the police found some sort of contraband or some other evidence of a crime along with your lost Ipod touch.

If this is the case, you should absolutely NOT speak with the detective without the benefit of a lawyer being present. Your mother cannot help you here.

3. Mark S. Solomon

9

1

Answered . I agree with the other two attorneys' answers here. If there is even the slightest chance that you had anything on that ipod which you did not purchase, or photos of anything that you shouldn't have had, then either (1) DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE, or (2) BRING AN EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY WITH YOU.

Don't try to outsmart the police, anything you say to them can hurt your defense if they decide to charge you with a crime.

4. Joshua Eric Johnson

Pro

3

1

Answered . I agree 100 percent with the previous responses. Take a look at this lecture video and you'll understand why: http://www.johnsonlawllc.com/_blog/Blog/post/Be...