Skip to main content

What do I do and say at my 14 year olds detention hearing to insure they will be released to me?

Conroe, TX |

They were questioned and forced to write a statement my child asked for me was told no we were not contacted about anything until after he was being transported to the isd police department and was told that we could not go there we went to the conroe jdc and waited for his arrival was not allowed to see him or talk to him until Sunday was not present or allowed to be for any questioning this took place on Friday afternoon he has a detention hearing Monday morning attorney's office are not open on weekends,so no time to employ one he has been in trouble before for lewdency was given a supervision term completed it and was charged with a mischief charge and was only fined I want my son home with me what do I do and need to know about this hearing please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You really need to get a lawyer. Each case and judge are different.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.


I hope the detention hearing went well, and your son is home with you. You certainly are going to want to talk to attorneys about your son's case.

My comments are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, are not confidential, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given by an attorney who agrees to represent you, who reviews the facts of your specific case, who does not have a conflict of interest preventing the representation, and who is licensed to practice in the appropriate jurisdiction where the legal issue may be filed or in the state where the law applies


You will definately need to hire an attorney to defend your son in court.

No attorney-client relationship has been established between the Avvo user and Cesar Garcia.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer