Skip to main content

What do i do about eviction notice

Chicago, IL |

I was given notice by sheriff to come to court case wasn't found landlord wasn't there judge threw out case now have order of possession on my door didn't get any notice about the new court date that took place what do i do

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    I agree. In certain situations you can vacate the previous court order, and get a chance to have your case heard in court. If you decide to file a motion to vacate, make sure you also leave a copy with the sheriff’s office. I strongly suggest you see an attorney asap, but in any case, do no wait. Please remember, Illinois is not a self-help state. The landlord must go thought the sheriff’s department to regain possession.

  2. Bring all your papers to an attorney ASAP. Without seeing the papers, there is little we can do to help.

Landlord-tenant law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics