What do i do

Houston, TX |

hello sirs-madams
i'm a B1/B2 visa holder
and my i-94 is expiring in march.
i came to USA to write my university thesis.
Due to some stomach ache i found out i was pregnant and due in march.
this baby was not planned at all.. i'm still at the uni and i just started living my life.
i can't move out of the country because it is risky
please can u tell me what to do?? do i extend my i-94?? do i change status?? i don't know.

Since you have an I-94 card, I will assume that you did not enter the country under the visa waiver program. Therefore, and under certain factors you may be eligible to apply for an extension of your stay based on medical reasons. I suggest that you schedule a consultation to discuss your matter in detail with an experienced immigration attorney like myself, or any if my esteemed colleagues on this forum asap and before you let your I-94 expire.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and should not be relied as legal advice on your case. You may call my office at (832) 305-5382 to schedule a consultation if you require specific legal advice. Law Offices of Hector J. Lopez. 1201 South Shepherd Dr. Houston, TX 77019. www.hjlopezlaw.com

2. If you are a student, apply to change your status to F-1.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. You need to consult with a reputable Immigration attorney right away. At the least you should request an extension of your I-94, and it has to be done before its expiration date. It's important that you avoid accumulating unlawful presence.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

4. Considering the timeline, it is best to seek consultation with an experienced immigration attorney and proceed accordingly.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.