What do i do

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

hello sirs-madams
i'm a B1/B2 visa holder
and my i-94 is expiring in march.
i came to USA to write my university thesis.
Due to some stomach ache i found out i was pregnant and due in march.
this baby was not planned at all.. i'm still at the uni and i just started living my life.
i can't move out of the country because it is risky
please can u tell me what to do?? do i extend my i-94?? do i change status?? i don't know.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . If you are a student, apply to change your status to F-1.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Hector J. Lopez

1

Best Answer

Answered . Since you have an I-94 card, I will assume that you did not enter the country under the visa waiver program. Therefore, and under certain factors you may be eligible to apply for an extension of your stay based on medical reasons. I suggest that you schedule a consultation to discuss your matter in detail with an experienced immigration attorney like myself, or any if my esteemed colleagues on this forum asap and before you let your I-94 expire.

3. Fernanda Nunes Hottle

Pro

Answered . You need to consult with a reputable Immigration attorney right away. At the least you should request an extension of your I-94, and it has to be done before its expiration date. It's important that you avoid accumulating unlawful presence.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . Considering the timeline, it is best to seek consultation with an experienced immigration attorney and proceed accordingly.