What do i do

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

hello sirs-madams
i'm a B1/B2 visa holder
and my i-94 is expiring in march.
i came to USA to write my university thesis.
Due to some stomach ache i found out i was pregnant and due in march.
this baby was not planned at all.. i'm still at the uni and i just started living my life.
i can't move out of the country because it is risky
please can u tell me what to do?? do i extend my i-94?? do i change status?? i don't know.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If you are a student, apply to change your status to F-1.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Hector J. Lopez

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Since you have an I-94 card, I will assume that you did not enter the country under the visa waiver program. Therefore, and under certain factors you may be eligible to apply for an extension of your stay based on medical reasons. I suggest that you schedule a consultation to discuss your matter in detail with an experienced immigration attorney like myself, or any if my esteemed colleagues on this forum asap and before you let your I-94 expire.

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and should not be relied as legal advice on your case.... more
  3. Fernanda Nunes Hottle


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You need to consult with a reputable Immigration attorney right away. At the least you should request an extension of your I-94, and it has to be done before its expiration date. It's important that you avoid accumulating unlawful presence.

    [This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client... more
  4. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Considering the timeline, it is best to seek consultation with an experienced immigration attorney and proceed accordingly.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more

Related Topics

B1 business visa

B-1 visas are available for foreign workers who need to visit the US temporarily for business purposes.

B2 tourist visa

A B-2 tourist visa is easier to obtain than other kinds of visas, but it only allows you to visit the US for a limited period of time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,100 answers this week

2,778 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,100 answers this week

2,778 attorneys answering