What do I do? On the civil case cover sheet there is no box to check for filing a divorce.?

Rialto, CA |

Do I check Misc Civil Petition Other petition (43)? Thank you anyone.

1. The Family Court and the Civil Court are two separate divisions of the Superior Court, each with its own set of forms. In a divorce case you use the family court cover sheet, form FAM020, not the civil case cover sheet.

2. This sounds like you have the wrong form. Family law has their own cover sheet. Their specific form needs to be used.

This response is not intended, nor should it be construed as legal advice. Any information provided is for educational purposes only. The exchange of communications through Avvo.com and similar social media does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me or my office.

3. It is family law cover sheet and not civil cover sheet

This response will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sarieh Law Offices, and is not intended to serve as a legal advice in your specific circumstances. This response is a legal opinion based solely on facts represented and you should not rely on this legal opinion as a legal advice. You still need to consult an attorney directly to fully protect your legal rights.

4. You are using the wrong form. As you are in Rialto, CA -- check the San Bernardino County Court website and download the cover sheet for divorce cases.