What do i do?

Asked about 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

i have a case for battery & disorderly conduct and i have a court date coming. But i also have a separate case n which i have a warrant out for my arrest. Will i be arrested if i appear in court, should i appear in court, what will happen. Do i need a lawyer

1. Morris Hugh Wiltshire Jr.

Pro

2

1

Answered . You definitely need a lawyer to help you sort through the issues you describe. If you do not get a good lawyer to help you you could end up with mulitple warrants and multiple holds...sitting in jail.

2. Slavik Steve Leydiker

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Attorney Poulson has provided you with sound advice. You would be well advised to have an attorney present at court with you.

3. Regina Jeanette Matthews

1

Answered . Have a lawyer with you for sure. I would not make the mistake of not going to the new court date because of the warrant. That would certainly make matters worse. Given that you could be arrested when you do appear in court though, I would definitely suggest having an attorney there with you. The attorney may be able to work out a reasonable bond for you. Good luck!

4. Evan A. Watson

Pro

1

Answered . You absolutely need an attorney. You will face problems for the outstanding warrant on top of looking at jail time for the new charges. Assuming your new battery charge is a misdemeanor, you could be fined up to $1,000 and imprisoned up to 12 months on the charge. Additionally, you could be facing from 6-12 months incarceration on the disorderly conduct charge, depending on how the police and prosecutor have it charged.

5. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

1

Answered . With all of this going on, you most definitely need an attorney. Your attorney may be able to work out some form of "soft landing" for the warrant, show that you are ready to get yourself square with the law on all charges. Better, also, that the attorney help you turn yoursefl in, or you may not get bail. You can search out an attorney here on AVVO or look at local ads. Call Monday morning.