What dhould I do to help get domestic violence charges dropped in florida

Asked over 4 years ago - Winter Haven, FL

My fiance was arrested this morning with felony demostic violence charges with injury.The only marks on me where a small scartch that could have been cause by anything during the altercation and a scatch I told the police i didnt even know had come from the alter cation. Basically I antagonized the situation to it got to that point. Anyway, I know as a victim you cant drop charges yourself, but what do I need to do that could lead them to being dropped.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Douglas Ron Coenson

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Ultimately it is up to the District Attorney's office to decide whether to pursue pressing charges. You may want to try contacting them.

    Douglas R. Coenson, Esq.
    (561) 315-2120
    Jupiter, FL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,559 answers this week

3,216 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,559 answers this week

3,216 attorneys answering