What day is the latest I can pay my rent in NYC. I live in a low income with a management.

Brooklyn, NY |

Typically you are late if you are more than 5 days late

Dear Brooklyn Tenant:

Your posting should be anonymous. You should not disclose personal information. You should not solicit on off the AVVO response. You may always follow an attorney answer with a contact to the attorney.

I do not know what you intend by the question. A rent due date is determined by the lease. Most NYC leases do not provide a grace period. But you need to look at your own lease.

If you live in low-income housing you jeopardize your tenancy by not paying your rent on time.

Nevertheless, New York law forces a landlord to proceed with making a statutory rent demand on the tenant to pay past due and unpaid rent before starting a court case. Even should the matter go that far, and the landlord gains a judgment, NY law allows the tenant to avoid eviction by paying the judgment in the designated period.

Try to inform yourself about the nonpayment process in NYC at:

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant