What current immigration status should I enter for answering Ques# 15 on I-765 form for EAD? Filing under F2A via LPR spouse.

Kissimmee, FL |

I'm filing I-765 form for EAD under F2A category as my wife is LPR. I was wondering what should I answer for ques# 15 for "Current Immigration Status" .

I came to US in 2006 on F1 (Student) visa, completed my Master's and then worked on OPT till my H1b petition got approved i.e. Sep 30, 2008. I have been working on H1b since Oct 1, 2008 without any gap or break in employment . As I never left US, I never got the H1b visa stamped on my passport.

The original VISA for F1 stamped on my passport was for 2.5 yrs and I haven't left US since I entered. So, I believe I have been maintaining my status but not sure what should I answer for Ques# 15 in form I-765 .

What should I enter for "Current Immigration Status" ? Student (F1) or Skilled Worker (H1b) ?

Thanks

1. You would put your current status which according to your facts would be H-1B since 10/1/2008.

2. Use your current status of H-1B.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
    Baldwin Park
    4767 New Broad Street
    Orlando, Florida 32814

3. H-1B

Contact: 860-548-2629 or dbucin@uks.com. This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.