What crime could a person be charged with, if any, if they provoked another person into killing a third party?

Brooklyn, NY |

i.e. daring them to do it, or egging them on in a heated situation. Specifically, if it took place over the phone, and the killer had the intent to kill the victim from the beginning, but might not have done it had the first party not encouraged it. (This is a research assignment, not an actual event)

Google the terms accomplice liability, aiding and abedding, felony murder rule, and see that if you tell someone to do something you are just as guilty as an accomplice, fair or not. Choose this as "best answer if it was helpful.

Then do some actual research because this website is for people who need actual legal advice and guidance, not tutoring.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

I agree, you will learn best by doing this research yourself. We try to help people that are in these real life situations.

If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632. www.nycriminallawyer.com

Do you own homework. Do not rely on attorneys volunteering their time to do your schoolwork.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Do your own homework.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.