What court would i file an action to enforce CA Probate 13100? Civil or Probate?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Palm Springs, CA

Bank will not accept affidavit to release fire insurance money. 13105b allows for an action. What court should I file in? Probate court or Civil court?

1. 4

Answered . It is rare a bank won't accept a properly completed 13100 Declaration for amounts valued at less than $150,000. You might want to have it reviewed by an attorney before you go through the time and trouble filing a court action. If you must file a court action, file a Petition to Determine Entitlement stating the facts of the matter, the bank's response and asking the court to deem the property yours.

2. 3

Answered . Please see the following link - http://www.courts.ca.gov/superiorcourts.htm

You may need to consult with an attorney.

3. 2

Answered . I would hire probate counsel right away to help you. Other cousels here have given you great advice.

4. 1

Answered . I suggest you seek legal counsel before going into probate court. Some banks and insurance companies from the East Coast will only accept "letters and orders" from the probate courts here, even if the value of the estate is under $150,000 which our California laws say does not need a formal probate.