What Court should we sue Petco inc in ? Federal or State?

Asked about 1 year ago - Hayward, CA

They have defamed slandered conspired to cover up the commission of a hate crime. Criminal negligence and abuse of process disregarded our health and safety on their property in Claifornia

1. Robert Bruce Kopelson

5

Answered . You shouldnt go forward without an atty in either venue, or you are asking to be slammed by Petco's attys. Consult with an atty in your area. Hate crimes/"criminal" negligence are criminal matters that the district attys office may pursue. Abuse of process is a very specific tort. if you proceed representing yourself, you will have to comply with all rules that attys must follow.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

5

Answered . Be careful about pursuing defamation claims without legal advice. California has robust anti-SLAPP laws and you could wind up paying for the defendant's attorneys and legal costs if your case is determined not to be sound.

Pro

5

Answered . More information is needed to understand this case. Call one of the lawyers in your state who answered above to discuss in full.

4. Philip R. Brown

Pro

3

Answered . State court. Unless you are alleging a violation of a federal statue or claim to have diversity jurisdiction. It does not appear from the facts that you do.

5. Benjamin Prescott Tryk

Pro

Answered . I would retain an attorney, first and foremost!!! Then I would do everything to keep the case in State Court in most cases.

Tryklaw.com

Fresnoinjuryblog.com