What court can I sue for defamation of character and malicious prosecution in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas?

Fort Worth, TX |

I'm suing a former co-worker for defaming me to my previous employer who fired me from her lying to them and filing false charges on me trying to get me fired. I'm not getting a lawyer on this one because the courts have OUTSTANDING evidence against her on record. I just need to know the steps to get her served papers as soon as possible. Thanks to anyone who responds. :)

As I understand your fact summary, you have been fired from your employment and you want to hold a co-worker responsible because you contend that the co-worker caused your termination by lying to your employer about you. If that is the case, it is likely well past the point where a cease and demand letter makes any sense at all. But there are a number of legal obstacles to your intentions and you would do well to consult with a local attorney, even if on a limited Q and A basis, to discuss such issues as the "common interest" privilege, at will employment, and problems of proof re causation. If the evidence is so well documented an unassailable as you say, have you made a request of your former employer for reinstatement or rehire?

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

I have and they stuck by their decision in which they sent a letter saying no. I was floored. Now I'm seeking counsel to sue them in federal and state court for wrongful termination and retalliation. My state has awarded me unemployment against them and will also investigate for wrongful termination and retalliation as well. They helped her get me arrested because it was a sales job and she made more revenue for the company than me. So, although Im having a hard time obtaining a lawyer because its a huge messy situation, I'm definitely not letting up on suing the employer and Ill probably just sue her in small claims for court costs and loses instead of defamation if its going to be to much of a pain.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

OK. Well, the encouraging fact here is that you are looking to retain counsel. You need an attorney here.

Ok thank you.

Maybe you should start with having a lawyer write a cease and desist layer first. Defamation suits are very costly and hard to win. What are your chances of getting a judgement against this person and them having the assets to pay the judgement. Probably cery low unless se or he has a lot of money.

A lawyer can write a cease and desist letter.

I agree with my colleagues in that a Cease and Desist letter sounds like a good first option.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.