What course of action will be taken against me if I do nothing in response. would they accept counter offer within their

Asked about 1 year ago - Waco, TX

offered 18 months timeline. Assuming a lower payment per month from me and a balance paid at end of term. Live in a rent duplex, had grease fire, landlord filed insurance and took care of property landlord insurance wants total reimbursement of about 10000.00 from me had no renters insurance always thought that was for belongings and such. after being contacted got back to them responded with my situation. Got called by their im assuming attorney Tuesday for payment. not having resources to pay that kind of money as I am the only one in household employed wife is disabled gets ssi in amount of prob 70- 150 amount varies.

1. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

1

Answered . The best thing you can do is get an attorney and go over the details. You may or may not be responsible for anything.

2. Don Karotkin

Answered . Most creditors are not interested in the reasons why the debtor cannot pay. Instead, they are interested in collecting money. You can try to negotiate a settlement agreement either with or without a lawyer. I strongly recommend the former because lawyers have negotiating skills that most non-lawyers lack. The remaining option, of course, is to do nothing and just hope they don't sue you. I do not recommend that option.