Skip to main content

What could we do to try to stop my boyfriend deportation

Salinas, CA |

My boyfriend just went to court and was giving time served but he has an immigration hold he was charged with 2domestic violence there any chance that he could get an immargration bail we also have a baby boy that was born with Russell silver syndrome what that make a difference in his stay he has always been involed in his sons life and he's always in the hospital with surgeries and needs both parents in his life

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You need to consult an immigration lawyer in your area ASAP. You also need the services of a criminal defense lawyer to defend the pending state criminal charges.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  2. Domestic Violence convictions are removable offenses and your boyfriend appears to be subject to mandatory detention. Please consult with an immigration attorney regarding strategies for relief from removal.

  3. I agree with my colleagues. Domestic violence charges are huge issues for immigration purposes. Hire an immmigration attorney and criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.

    Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  4. It really depends on what his status was until now, how long he has been in the U.S. and other information. Domestic violence is a basis for deportation and he may be subject to mandatory detention.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics