What could we do to try to stop my boyfriend deportation

Asked over 1 year ago - Salinas, CA

My boyfriend just went to court and was giving time served but he has an immigration hold he was charged with 2domestic violence charges..is there any chance that he could get an immargration bail we also have a baby boy that was born with Russell silver syndrome what that make a difference in his stay he has always been involed in his sons life and he's always in the hospital with surgeries and needs both parents in his life

1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

7

Answered . Domestic Violence convictions are removable offenses and your boyfriend appears to be subject to mandatory detention. Please consult with an immigration attorney regarding strategies for relief from removal.

2. Stephen D. Berman

7

Answered . It really depends on what his status was until now, how long he has been in the U.S. and other information. Domestic violence is a basis for deportation and he may be subject to mandatory detention.

3. Frank Mascagni III

6

Answered . You need to consult an immigration lawyer in your area ASAP. You also need the services of a criminal defense lawyer to defend the pending state criminal charges.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Domestic violence charges are huge issues for immigration purposes. Hire an immmigration attorney and criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.