Skip to main content

What could possibly happen if your arrested for third case rape (Child rape) in the US? In Washington State?

Seattle, WA |

A 40 year old man raping some young teen girl around 15-17 years old. Convicted and arrested for a third case rape. What could possibly happen to him? Will he be set free in bail? If yes, in what amount? Will they give death sentences or lifetime imprisionment? Or what other possible punishment?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. What do you mean "third case rape"? You mean this is the third time this individual has been arrested for rape? If so, he's going away for a long, long, looooooong time (if found guilty of course). Or do you mean third degree rape? Or do you mean third degree rape of a child? Your question does not have enough facts.

    There will be no death penalty.

    He won't be "set free on bail." He will have bail imposed, in an amount commensurate with the crime and his criminal history.

  2. I don't understand your question. Please re-phrase so that your question makes sense. Do you mean degree?

    Aaron M. Lukoff
    Attorney at Law
    Criminal & Civil Traffic Defense
    Law Offices of Aaron M. Lukoff & Associates, PLLC
    Fiat justicia ruat coelum

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response to your question is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on Washington law as I am licensed in Washington. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue/matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific legal advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain an attorney. For more information or to hire a lawyer, you can reach my offices at:; 360-647-5251 or at

  3. The laws of the different states vary as to the consequences of multiple sex convictions. However, the state of Washington as a two strikes and you are out law which may mandate life sentence for multiple sex convictions depending on the nature and degree of the convictions.

Child abuse topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics