What could I do to be eligible for TPS designated for Syria as I have entered the US via B-2 visa on April 23, 2012?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

The immigration refers the eligibility for Syrians entered prior to March 29, 2012. Despite the fact I was authorized to work and issued Social Security after I applied for the TPS..

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

1

Best Answer

Answered . No, you entered too late. You may eligible for asylum.

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . There is nothing you can do. You are either eligible or you are not, and you cannot change that. Here, you entered too late to be eligible.

3. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Seek a consultation immediately ; remember that your period of authorized stay under your B-2 expires you would begin to accrue unlawful presence ; seek help immediately so you can be advised of the consequences ; search Avvo for excellent immigration attorneys with a lot of experience.