What could I do to be eligible for TPS designated for Syria as I have entered the US via B-2 visa on April 23, 2012?

Filed under: B-2 tourist visa

The immigration refers the eligibility for Syrians entered prior to March 29, 2012. Despite the fact I was authorized to work and issued Social Security after I applied for the TPS..

No, you entered too late. You may eligible for asylum.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. There is nothing you can do. You are either eligible or you are not, and you cannot change that. Here, you entered too late to be eligible.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I agree with my colleagues. Seek a consultation immediately ; remember that your period of authorized stay under your B-2 expires you would begin to accrue unlawful presence ; seek help immediately so you can be advised of the consequences ; search Avvo for excellent immigration attorneys with a lot of experience.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.