What could I do to be eligible for TPS designated for Syria as I have entered the US via B-2 visa on April 23, 2012?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

The immigration refers the eligibility for Syrians entered prior to March 29, 2012. Despite the fact I was authorized to work and issued Social Security after I applied for the TPS..

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . No, you entered too late. You may eligible for asylum.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is nothing you can do. You are either eligible or you are not, and you cannot change that. Here, you entered too late to be eligible.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Seek a consultation immediately ; remember that your period of authorized stay under your B-2 expires you would begin to accrue unlawful presence ; seek help immediately so you can be advised of the consequences ; search Avvo for excellent immigration attorneys with a lot of experience.

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,547 answers this week

3,210 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,547 answers this week

3,210 attorneys answering