What could happen between a student teacher relationship

Modesto, CA |
Filed under: Education law

my friends son has a somehow friends with benefits relationship with his 27 year old female. he is a 14 year old and according to my knowledge they flirt and kissed a couple times they really like each other except that neither one of them want any problems. I would like to know what the consequneses of this relation would be if they get caught. would they be able to have a relationship if the boys parents agree longest their is no sex or what could happen. I honlestly think that its normal to go out with an older or younger person but the law is aginst it.

I would really appreciate that a lawyer could help me thank you

1. If there is actually a 27-year old teacher having a sexual relationship with a 14-year old student, then someone needs to have the good morals and sound character to let the administration of the school know. Be sure of the facts before making the statement. But if it is true, it must be addressed.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

2. There is no reason for there to be a relationship involving kissing and flirting between a 27 year old and a 14 year old. It needs to end, and end now. Any teacher aware of this relationship has a mandatory obligation to report it. At the very least, the administration should be made aware that such a relationship may be occurring.

This does not create an attorney-client relationship. That costs money and this is free.

Education law topics