What could be the hold up? Our Interview was nearly 2 weeks ago.

Asked about 1 year ago - West Palm Beach, FL

The officer wanted to reschedule because our petitioner, my brother wasn’t there. His supervisor said to interview us. He verified basic info. Then he said, "I see here that you paid for 245i” (we overstayed from ‘89 & our I130 was filed on 4/17/01) He asked questions from the I485(both of us the same time then he said to my wife that he sent in a visa availability request). I answered yes to some of them (I was a police officer in Trinidad & I was arrested for driving without a DL) I gave him everything I had on the arrest but I didn't have the incident report. He told us to get it & comeback. When we came back we asked him if he could stamp our passports he said "no because you're not approved". We asked him when we would know & he said, "When you get a letter from us or your card, whichever comes first."He said “I have to look deeper into a couple things & get my supervisor to go over a couple things."

1. Shahzad Ahmed

9

Answered . Dear Sir, I do not see anything to worry about right now. Nowadays, most officers do not stamp the passport like they once used to. Please allow 30-60 days. If you don't hear anything, then follow up or hire an attorney to follow up. Regards,

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

8

Answered . At a minimum you need to allow at least 60 days to pass since you were not in possession of all required documents at your interview. There may be other issues with your case but since we don't know all the facts (just because your I-130 was filed on 04/17/2001 (prior to 04/30/2001) does not automatically make you eligible for 245(i) benefits, a fact many people do not know) we can't determine whether there are any other issues.

How best to proceed really depends on whether there are other issues with your case. At this point you may find it helpful to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case and determine what, if any other issues there may be, and what can be done to facilitate adjudication.

3. Jorge Luis Delgado

7

Answered . Could be that there's no hold up. I wouldn't worry for now.

4. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

7

Answered . There is no required timeframe for the officers to render a decision. Be patient. Two or three months is a reasonable period of time to wait. You could hire a lawyer to help.

5. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . 2 weeks is not a long time to be waiting.

Your case could take many months ... especially since you're here illegally since 1989.