What constitutes unethical behavior and grounds for disciplinary action by an Attorney?

Asked over 4 years ago - League City, TX

Attorney did not return phone calls for weeks on end, did not show his abusive history, did not inform me what consequences were of Ex seeking temporary hearing for custody of children & end result, did not pursue Ex having an affair, did not emphasize or show that I was parent who was primary cargegiver, did not seek temporary spousal support and ultimately I lost most everything and only obtained joint custody, non custodial parent, nor obtain Airline miles which are in divorce decree. I am sure there is more!

1. Elizabeth S Conan

Answered . I took the following information from the State Bar of Texas website:

About the Grievance Process
    All lawyers in Texas have an obligation to maintain a high standard of ethical conduct toward their client and others. To enforce this standard, the State Bar of Texas investigates and prosecutes complaints of professional misconduct against attorneys licensed in Texas, pursuant to the TRDP as promulgated by the Supreme Court of Texas.

Client-Attorney Assistance Program (CAAP)
    For help in resolving problems between clients and attorneys. Contact CAAP at (800) 932-1900 or (800) 204-2222, ext. 1790. Send letters: Attn: CAAP, PO Box 12487, Austin, Tx 78711-2487.