What constitutes porn and child porn on the internet.

Knoxville, TN |

Is chat between two consenting adults about any topic porn if it is fantasy chat using fiction characters with no material involved, no minors involved or intended to be, no conspiring to do wrong, no incitement of any one to do wrong, and no pandering or soliciting of anything real or not. It begins and ends with chat.

1. There was a U.S. Supreme Court justice who said that although pornography defied precise definition, that "he knew it when he saw it".

The posted question is in a vacuum, and without context of charges or issues, is difficult to address.

By the fact that you've asked the question, I'll go out on a limb and speculate that there is a matter of serious concern here.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

2. Without further details, I am not sure as to whether I can give you a precise answer. Your limited details of a hypothetical chat between two consenting adults appears on the surface not to run afoul of any child pornography laws. However, many potential issues may arise as more details are developed (e.g., how do you know that the other consenting adult is really an adult, were there plans to "put the fantasy" into action, etc.).

I would suggest that you immediately consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss this matter in greater detail. Your questions cannot adequately be answered in this forum. Child pornography charges carry substantial potential penalties that ultimately can irreparably damage the accused's life.