What constitutes destruction of property?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manassas, VA

I had my windows replaced last week and the installation crew broke a set of my blinds and replaced them without notifying me. It wasn't until after they left and my wife got home that we noticed there was a difference. We have vinyl blinds in all of our rooms and they replaced them with a cheap metal blind. I know a set of blinds isn't much, but I'm more concerned that they didn't say anything to me as I feel it shows a lack of honesty and integrity. Can I expect the company to do anything about this, other than replacing the blinds?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Other than replace the blinds--probably not. Its certainly not worth the trouble of a law suit--even a small claims suit would be cost more in your own time invested than a set of vinyl blinds would cost. I suspect the individual in charge of the window installation didn't even tell his company what happened--wanting to avoid an issue that might result in pay being docked or being fired--but that is pure speculation on my part.