What constitutes destruction of property?

Manassas, VA |

I had my windows replaced last week and the installation crew broke a set of my blinds and replaced them without notifying me. It wasn't until after they left and my wife got home that we noticed there was a difference. We have vinyl blinds in all of our rooms and they replaced them with a cheap metal blind. I know a set of blinds isn't much, but I'm more concerned that they didn't say anything to me as I feel it shows a lack of honesty and integrity. Can I expect the company to do anything about this, other than replacing the blinds?

1. Other than replace the blinds--probably not. Its certainly not worth the trouble of a law suit--even a small claims suit would be cost more in your own time invested than a set of vinyl blinds would cost. I suspect the individual in charge of the window installation didn't even tell his company what happened--wanting to avoid an issue that might result in pay being docked or being fired--but that is pure speculation on my part.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.