What constitutes co-hab in NJ ? Can a man be living and sleeping at a residence 24/7 and not be considered co-hab

Cherry Hill, NJ |

if you can't prove he is paying some of the household bills ?

For purpose of alimony proof is needed that he/she is contributing to household expenses. This can be establish with the exchange of discovery.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

It is a fact sensitive situation and from what you said, there should be a finding of cohabitation if overnights exist because there has to be some sharing of expenses.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed