What constitutes "nexus" in Texas for sales tax purposes?

Asked about 2 years ago - Euless, TX

I plan to open an online e-commerce business and would like to know if I need to charge TX sales tax. The website server may or may not be located in Texas and I would be working with at least two local third-party vendors/suppliers, one of them a warehouse/fulfillment agency that will handle storage, order fulfillment and product shipping. However, I don't plan on opening an office for the business (will work from home).

1. Orsen E. Paxton III

Pro

1

Answered . If the business is warehousing its product in Texas and if it ships to Texas residents, that will likely be a sufficient nexus. Amazon.com and the Texas Attorney General recently fought over this issue and reached a compromise that resulted in Amazon.com collecting sales tax from Texas residents.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.
  2. Steven John Clausen

Pro

Answered . You should consult with an attorney who is knowledgeable regarding sales tax liability.