What constitues a hostile work environment and harassment in the workplace?

Asked over 1 year ago - Latham, NY

I was recently terminated from my position as a registered nurse. I have a 26 year history of employment with 25 plus at the same facility. Over the course of a year that I was employed at a facility created by a merger, I was consantly accused of wrong doings, I was spoken to and addressed for false accusations, I was addressed for things that others were clearly guilty of and it was tolerated. I was referred to as the ring leader and for this I was targeted. I repeatedly asked my boss if there was a target on my back, or a reward for the individual who drummed up the most information. I was always guilty of whatever anyone would tell her. I had brought my concerns about how I was treated to the assistant manager, and to the Nurse Educator.

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

Answered . Hostile work Environment generally means a "sexually charged" atmosphere that individuals find offensive. The term would not include a place where people are generally mean and target other individuals. This happens after mergers. What you might want to give thought to, is whether this Merged institution was trying to eliminate older more senior employees.

2. Vincent Peter White

Answered . Attorney Gold is absolutely correct. The real question here is why were you singled out?