What constitues a 2nd alcohol offense

Asked almost 3 years ago - Beaumont, TX

I received defferred disposition for a DUI minor a year ago, now I'm 21 and a few days ago I was arrested for DWI. Will I be tried as a DWI second offender?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Peter Andrew Schulte

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . No. First off, the DUI ticket was dismissed after completing deferred probation so it did not result in a conviction. Second, a DWI can only be enhanced to a DWI-2d if you were once CONVICTED of an offense of driving while intoxicated (NOT Minor DUI). So in this case, it will be charged as a DWI-1st.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,778 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,778 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering