What compensation am I entitled to if I discover that I'm living in an illegal boarding house?

Asked 2 months ago - Tarzana, CA

Lived here 2 months, there r 12 unrelated tenants and I moved in under the belief that it was a sober living but it was recently sold and I know they don't have permits or variances to operate in a r1 zone

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Brad S Kane


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You should report the situation to the LAHD. You may be entitled to relocation assistance and possibly disgorgement of all illegally collected rent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,362 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,362 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering