What companies are except from federal and Maryland minimum wage and overtime laws?

Hagerstown, MD |

There seems to be a provision that companies doing less than $500,000 worth of annual business do not have to comply with minimum wage and overtime laws (though those engaged in certain activities are covered no matter what).

That may be partly true under Federal law if your job does not have you working within "interstate commerce." However, Maryland overtime laws do not require $500k in coverage.

The list of companies that have "industry exemptions" are too long to list.

I will provide you a free consultation to determine if you are owed any monies. My practice concentrates on unpaid wages.

Howard B. Hoffman
    (301) 251-3752

2. This may be true. In certain circumstances, however, Federal Minimum Wage and Overtime laws may apply even where the $500,000.00 gross revenue threshold is not met. Further, Maryland Overtime and Minimum Wage laws may apply without the necessity of a gross revenue analysis. If you think you have a claim for unpaid Overtime or Minimum Wage compensation, I highly recommend that you contact an attorney for a more detailed analysis of your Federal and State rights.

State, local, and municipal law topics