What color clothes would look better in a jury trial?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clovis, CA

I am going to buy clothes for my brothers trial. I want him to look professional and innocent but have no idea what color or styles I should look for. What colored shirts, pants, and shoes should I buy?

I have talked to his attorney and he just said "professional" clothes. I have tried calling his attorney to talk about it but he ignores my calls and usually gets back to me too late (day of or day before court). I need to purchase his clothes before the 20th of this month which is why I am asking for advice on here.

1. Robert Laurens Driessen

4

Answered . You may want to talk to his attorney about this. It will depend on the theme that the prosecutor is trying to create and what the defense will use in their theme. Appearances do matter but it would be impossible to answer over the internet.
    Robert Driessen

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . You are correct in that your brother should look good at trial. One word of advice is not to wear any clothing that will fit the description of an eyewitness or what was on a camera. Have everything approved by his attorney. Here are a couple of suggestions:

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/jurors_l...

http://course1.winona.edu/CFried/journal/Papers...

3. Michael Dean Scheid

2

Answered . White long sleeve dress shirt. Solid or stripe tie (they are sometimes hard to find because these are considered old fashioned) . I prefer red or burgundy ties. Black shoes. Black socks. Black belt.
    An inexpensive suit is better than no suit at all, navy blue or gray.

Depending on how long the trial will be, you will need multiple shirts and ties.

Ask his attorney. I guarantee he or she will agree with me.

4. Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

1

1

Answered . Adding my 2 cents: Don't put your brother in clothing which is not his way of dressing. If the only time he wears a suit is when he is in a wedding party, he will look very uncomfortable in a suit at trial. A tie, dress shirt and nice shoes and pants works. Also, provide socks so he doesn't have to wear the jail socks - which is a giveaway. The shirts should be long-sleeve to cover up his wristband identifying him as an inmate. But his attorney should have the final say. The other CA attorneys' advice is sold.

5. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . Seriously? This is a legal question? Have your brother's attorney discuss what he should wear to his trial.

6. John J. Carney

Pro

Answered . Every defendant should wear a blue suit, white shirt, blue or burgundy tie, belt, black shoes shined, be well groomed, clean shaved, and hide their Nazi tattoos.