What civil code procedure is for discovery (request for production of documents)?

Huntington Beach, CA |

Civil Discovery Act of 1986 (Title 4 (Sections 2016-2036. I'm not sure which one to include in my documents

1. I'm not sure what you're asking. Please clarify. In general, C.C.P. §2031.010 et. seq. (that is, the "2031" series) govern requests for production of documents. The Code calls them "inspection demands," or demands for inspection, but they are the same thing as a document request.

This response is based on limited information. It is not meant as and does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You're looking at old statutes. They have been renumbered. Up-t0-date statues can be found here: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference