What city would i go to to file a civil claim of conversion case to get my pet back?

Asked 11 months ago - Princeton, NC

My "friend" stole my pet. And wont return her. What city should I file to get her back? Or what do i do first. from beginning to end. I really miss my pet. I cant even look at a pet isle anymore because I feel bad and helpless. Help please.

1. Sarah Jessica Farber

Answered . You can report the theft to the police. They might want to see some proof that the pet was yours - did you register her? Take her to the vet? Then great.

You can also file in the small claims court in the county where the thief lives. Good luck to you.

2. Kenneth Love Jr.

Answered . To piggy back off Ms. Farber's advice, do both. I do not expect the police to put many resources into getting your pet back. You need to file a suit for "return of personal property" with the small claims court.

You can get it from the clerks or from www.nccourts.org. Note that you should expect to pay approximately $150.00 to file the claim.