What citizen are my children?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Wichita, KS

my husband a Canadian citizen before, just became a US citizen while serving in the US army, i am a Filipino citizen, my son and daughter are both born in Germany last year, could i register them (late)now in US and are eligible to get a US passport?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your children may be U.S. citizens depending on how long that your husband lived in the U.S. or has been a member of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,016 answers this week

2,732 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,016 answers this week

2,732 attorneys answering