What child support enforcement actions can i take on my own?

Over $55,000 owed in child support. Over $4,000 owed in medical reimbursements. Not paid the court ordered health ins for children since 2008. CSE been on case since 2009. Three contempts done by me w/atty -one criminal. Found guilty in all. Doesn't do what court order states after contempts. CSE susp license (is now on probation-still drives and previously got a business license), Passport denial (he's currently in Mexico vacationing), tax intercept (doesn't file) IDO (works for self). CSE won't touch bank acct-puts everything in business name-can prove he owns business-has given token pymnts to me through this acct. Can I put lien on property-his house is currently for sale. CSE isn't doing after several requests. He filed foreclosure, CSE didn't answer the motion from the bank

Wesley Chapel, FL -

Mark Scott Rubin

Mark Scott Rubin

Child Support Lawyer - Fort Walton Beach, FL

the problem is probably the priority of the liens. The mortgage company most probably has a superior lien to your child support arrearages. It sounds like CSE is doing what they can, although with three contempts (one criminal) and still $55,000+ arrears it doesn't sound like the purges were very high. If he is vacationing in Mexico (with a suspended passport?), it sounds like you need to hire a private family law attorney to possibly take over for the DOR. I do not recommend your trying this on your own based on the facts you gave. Realize though that you are going to have a rather large retainer to pay to hire a private attorney for the issues described so that is something to consider as well.

John Arthur Smitten

John Arthur Smitten

Family Law Attorney - Clearwater, FL

CSE does a pretty good job but they are swamped. You can get your own attorney who can work with CSE on the same case.

Related Advice