What charges or am I facing with a possession of a controlled substance???

Asked 8 months ago - Dothan, AL

I have no priors. I just have one but, its a misdemeanor from a violent crime back in 2008. Other than this, I have no over priors or anything on my records.

1. Brian Joseph Lockwood

Pro

3

Answered . Your question can only be answered in general terms. To receive a better, more accurate response, contact a local attorney and discuss the facts of your case with him or her.

With that being said, a person found guilty of simple possession of a controlled substance, without any other charges, and with no prior felony record, is usually a candidate for probation under the new sentencing guidelines. However, there are exceptions and the details of the charge or situation of arrest may change that. In any event, possession of a controlled substance is a felony, which is a very serious charge with lifelong consequences. You should contact a local attorney at once.

2. Eric Clark Davis

3

Answered . Usually, a possession case without priors will get you a sentence between 13-31 months under the sentencing guidelines with a non-prison recommendation. That is how the guidelines are currently working in Houston County.

3. Randy William Ferguson

3

Answered . How old are you? If under 21 youthful offender. Should get probation. Try to do drug diversion class if available to keep felony off record.