Skip to main content

What charges does an EWI have if they worked illegally without authorization?

Roseville, MI |

I friend of mines wife was deported back to her home country a couple of years ago. She was an EWI and admitted into the U.S. with parole. Which I know parole is only for one year. She worked without authorization for 10 years. I did not know any of this information until after she was deported. Am I right in understanding that this would be considered committing False Claim United States Citizenship and be a forever bar to return to the United Statees after being deported.

If she entered with parole. I know that she would have to have false documents to get a social security number. EWI's in the United States would have to falsify documents to be here.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I do not see a false claim to citizenship though there is certainly an issue that she worked illegaly was she criminally charged with it? She certainly would need a waiver to adjust, why did the husband not petition for her when she was parolled in?

  2. You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. If you want to consult with a Michigan attorney who is an experienced immigration lawyer contact attorney Sufen Hilf at (248) 792-2590.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics