Skip to main content

What charges can we put against this guy? He NEEDS to be put away. Dangerous.

Placentia, CA |

There is this guy who gives a false name and address and meets up with girls to harrass them, assault them or attempt to steal from. He suggest crude acts for money. He send disgusting and harrassing texts. He calls constantly. I met up with him and he harrassed me, minorly assaulted me and stole money out of my car. I've discovered he has done this with other girls as well and have their number. One made a charge almost 2 years ago, but he keeps changing his number so its difficult to track. I know the area that he lives in and could probably get him to meet me again. I want to put this guy away!!! What can be done?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If he stole from you and/or assaulted you, you can make a police report.

In no event you should you deliberately lure him out to meet with you again for the purpose of "catching" him in any of the kinds of acts that you know he engages in. That could be dangerous for you; it could damage on-going criminal investigations; and it could cause anything you learn to be off-limits and not useable in a court proceeding against him. Let the police handle criminal investigations. If the police are interested in him, they will not be thwarted by the fact that he changes his number repeatedly.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


Ms McCall's advice is excellent just considering the personal danger issue alone. Give what you have to the cops. It is up to them to pursue the guy.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer