What charges am I facing for possession under 2 grams and paraphernalia?

Louisville, KY |

I just wanted to know what charges I'm going to be facing with possession under 2 grams and paraphernalia and if their is a way to not have this on my record. I'm 17 and it is my first offense.

1. It will depend on what you have 2 grams of. With it being your first offense, regardless of the drug, an attorney could keep this from appearing on your record so consult with an attorney ASAP.

2. I assume you will be prosecuted in juvenile court since you are 17. Possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia are both misdemeanors in the state. They carry up to 45 days in jail (POM) and up to 365 days in jail (PODP) as an adult. Hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent you. www.kacdl.net

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

3. Hire an attorney who regularly practices in Louisville. If marijuana, they may get you into diversion or some other program. If Schedule 1 narcotic, you are facing a felony.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.

4. You should be eligible for a diversion program. Contact a local attorney in your area. You're not going to do the max for possession of 2 grams marijuana, first offense.

Juvenile law topics