What charges am I facing for possession under 2 grams and paraphernalia?

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

I just wanted to know what charges I'm going to be facing with possession under 2 grams and paraphernalia and if their is a way to not have this on my record. I'm 17 and it is my first offense.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Martin Pohl

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It will depend on what you have 2 grams of. With it being your first offense, regardless of the drug, an attorney could keep this from appearing on your record so consult with an attorney ASAP.

  2. Frank Mascagni III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I assume you will be prosecuted in juvenile court since you are 17. Possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia are both misdemeanors in the state. They carry up to 45 days in jail (POM) and up to 365 days in jail (PODP) as an adult. Hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent you. www.kacdl.net

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more
  3. Michael William Bouldin

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Hire an attorney who regularly practices in Louisville. If marijuana, they may get you into diversion or some other program. If Schedule 1 narcotic, you are facing a felony.

    Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and... more
  4. Mark Copoulos


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should be eligible for a diversion program. Contact a local attorney in your area. You're not going to do the max for possession of 2 grams marijuana, first offense.

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Possession of a controlled substance

Possession of a controlled substance is a drug related crime. You can be charged for having drugs on your person or in your home, vehicle, or other property.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,878 answers this week

2,359 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,878 answers this week

2,359 attorneys answering