What charges am I facing for possession under 2 grams and paraphernalia?

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

I just wanted to know what charges I'm going to be facing with possession under 2 grams and paraphernalia and if their is a way to not have this on my record. I'm 17 and it is my first offense.

1. Martin Pohl

2

Answered . It will depend on what you have 2 grams of. With it being your first offense, regardless of the drug, an attorney could keep this from appearing on your record so consult with an attorney ASAP.

2. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . I assume you will be prosecuted in juvenile court since you are 17. Possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia are both misdemeanors in the state. They carry up to 45 days in jail (POM) and up to 365 days in jail (PODP) as an adult. Hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent you. www.kacdl.net

3. Michael William Bouldin

1

Answered . Hire an attorney who regularly practices in Louisville. If marijuana, they may get you into diversion or some other program. If Schedule 1 narcotic, you are facing a felony.

4. Mark Copoulos

Pro

1

Answered . You should be eligible for a diversion program. Contact a local attorney in your area. You're not going to do the max for possession of 2 grams marijuana, first offense.